Who is hosting the summit?
The summit is being hosted by Bill Winston Ministries and The Joseph Business School.
What is the appropriate attire for the summit?
Recommended attire is business or business casual.
Is there a host hotel? Is there a Detroit Empowerment Summit hotel discount?
Yes. We recommend The Henry hotel located at Fairlane Plaza, 300 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126. Please visit the "Hotel Information" section of this website for details.
Who are the speakers?
Some of the speakers for this year's summit are:
• Dr. Bill Winston, Founder and Pastor of Living Word Christian Center
• Ken Brown, Inspirational Speaker, Business Coach, Author and Entrepreneur
• Dr. Michele Hoskins, Founder and President of Michele Foods
• Dr. Dennis Kimbro, Educator, Best-selling Author, and Business School Professor
• John Hope Bryant, Author, Founder of Operation HOPE, and CEO of Bryant Group Companies, Inc.
• Donald Lawrence, Gospel Music Songwriter, Record Producer and Artist
What is the expected number of attendees?
We are expecting over 1,000 attendees for all sessions.
What are the dates and times for the summit?
Dates: July 18 - 19, 2014.
Times: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Friday) and 8:00 a.m. – 10 p.m. (Saturday).
Saturday’s evening session will be broadcast live on The Word Network.
Are there any costs?
All sessions are FREE and open to the public.
Where is the summit being held?
Straight Gate International Church, 10100 Grand River Avenue, Detroit, MI, 48204.
How far is the hotel from the summit location?
The Henry hotel is approximately 12 minutes from the Straight Gate International Church.
Is there assigned seating?
There is reserved seating for summit speakers and special guests. All other seating is on a first-come-first serve basis.
Is childcare provided?
Childcare will not be provided.
Is there available parking for the summit?
Yes. There is ample parking for Summit attendees in the Straight Gate International Church parking lot.
Will there be shuttle service from the hotels to the summit?
There will be no shuttle service to the summit.
Are cameras and or video/audio recorders permitted in and during the summit?
No recording is allowed.